1.7
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort

On my return from Montreal to La Guardia this Monday, 9 November, 2015, my flight was at 8:55 am. I arrived one hr ahead of time.

There few customers scattered on the counters. I checked with a lady who had no passangers in front of her. She said go over there, I am busy. I went to another agent.

He said: "He is Egyptian & started speaking broken Arabic with me." He was very slow & extremely incompetent. It took him ages to check my passports to finally tell me that the flight was closed. He checked with the lady who initially sent me to him. She came along with him & boldly asked me to pay a fine of $75 to change my flight to the 10:55.

It was no use arguing with her as she was a bit rude. She said if you did not have a big piece of luggage, we might have let you go. This contradicted her statement that the flight was already closed. She said either you pay the fine & we'd let you go on the following flight or wait for the supervisor.

I opted for the latter, who came around 20 minutes later. She repeated the same nonsensical scinario, putting a nice face on it that her husband was Lebanese, etc. I felt insulted when she told me that if it was a humanitarian issue, she would pay the fine herself & go bankrupt. I had no choice but to pay the fine + $25 for the bag.

By the way, no other carrier charges passengers $25 for each piece of luggage each way, except air canada. Air Canada is also the only flight that sells food to passangers on longer routes. Furtehrmore, my ticket was booked by ICAO & contrary to other transactions, Air Canada charged over a $1000 for it.

There was no need for the agent to tell me that the flight was closed after he inefficiently wasted crucial time, for his supervisor as well as the manager who came later on to lie brazenly about my delay, & impose such an unfair penalty. I intend to pursue the matter to a cul-de-sac, unless air canada acknowledges the incompetence, rudeness & lack of decorum by its agents in Montreal airport.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of way we were treated. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "repulsive, poor & sneaky treatment" of air canada flight 7630 and associated monetary loss in the amount of $75. Air Canada needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned air canada flight 7630 in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Air Canada.

Comments