Caracas, Capital District
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Back on Friday, October 11, 2013, I went from Toronto, Ontario Canada to Caracas, Venezuela with Two (2) Pieces Of Luggage, however, one of the pieces of luggage did NOT make it all the way to my destination and when I arrived in Caracas, Venezuela back on Saturday, October 12, 2013, that is when I learned that I only have One (1) Piece Of Luggage with me instead of Two (2).

When I arrived in Caracas, I did fill out an Air Canada Damaged Baggage/Lost Property Report. Furthermore, when I arrived at the place that I was staying at out in Maracay, Venezuela back on Saturday, October 12, 2013, I also contacted their 1-888-689-2247 phone number to File A Claim and received File Number: CCSAC 12897.

During the conversation with the 1-888-689-2247 phone number that I called to file the claim, I was also told to go on to the website and file the Air Canada Baggage Declaration Form which clearly states on their website that it must be Completed And Sent In Within 21 Days From Your Arrival Date [and in this case, I had it processed by the United States Postal Service within 21 Days back on Thursday, November 1st, 2016 which is within the 21 Days according to the United States Postal Service Stamp indicated on my receipt] and NOT within the Seven (7) Days As Indicated In Their Response Letter Of Decline dated on Thursday, November 14, 2013 which came back from Oge Ogbechie, Baggage Claims Specialist.

After receiving the Bogus Lying Decline Letter from Oge Ogbechie, Baggage Claims Specialist, I immediately contacted Ms. Yvette Poch, Executive Assistant To Mr. Calin Rovinescu, President And Chief Executive Officer at: (514) 422-5855

and/or [yvette.poch at aircanada.ca] who told me to resubmit my paperwork back to Oge Ogbechie for reconsideration in which I did back on Saturday, November 23, 2013.

The News Only Gets Worst: Back on Tuesday, November 26, 2013, I received another response letter this time coming from Ms. Natalie Brisebois, General Manager - Baggage Claims and in her letter she makes constant excuses to find Fictitious and Untrue, Illegitimate Reasons of Why I Do Not Deserve To Get Reimbursed For My Stolen Articles From My Luggage. For example, she states that the 21 day time limit does NOT count towards my Missing and/or Stolen Luggage and/or Articles from Inside Of My Luggage and that I was supposed to make a Claim In Writing Within Seven (7) Days Which Was NEVER Told To Me Until After I Had Filed My Claims Within The (21) Days From The Date Of My Arrival As Explained Earlier On In My Negative Review.

Please NOTE: I beg to differ on that, however, I did Make A Claim Over The Phone In Less Than Seven (7) Days and was Even Given The File Number of: CCSAC 12897 as mentioned earlier.

Basically this company is Too Cheap and Selfish To Take Care Of Their Customers and if this would have been with Any American Airline Company, I Would Have NEVER Been Mistreated And Abused in the Low Class, Deceiving Manner That I Already Had Been Through With Air Canada.

Since they have Refused To Legitimately And Honestly Reimburse Me For My Small Losses which are only for $500.00, I have already Filed A Small Claims Lawsuit Against Them and will see them in the Los Angeles Superior Court on

Wednesday, October 5th, 2016.

I Will Never Use Air Canada's Services Again And Neither Should You!

Thank you for Nothing!

Sincerely yours,

Howard Paul Shore

Angry And Upset Air Canada Former Customer

/HPS

This reviewer shared experience about "they refused to reimburse me for the stolen articles from my lost luggage and they said that i filed my claim too late even though the paperwork stated that you have 21 days to file it." and wants this business to "to reimburse me for my $500.00 loss from my claim for the missing articles from my luggage" as the author lost $500. HOWARDSHORE1970 is overall dissatisfied with Air Canada and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about air canada baggage policy at Air Canada was denied my claim for my stolen articles from my luggage, baggage claim does not go by what their website says and i will never fly with air canada again Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Air Canada.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transport category for more informed decision or compare Air Canada to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Air Canada?

Comments